Wednesday, December 26, 2007

December 26, 2007











We made it home without incidence and have been pretty much on the run ever since. Getting caught up with the mail was enormous and then trying to get all the Christmas shopping done on time was a little challenging. We drove up to the lake on Dec. 19th, to ready that house for Christmas. We cut a tree, decorated it and put lights up in the great room, then spent a good bit of time putting up our "Village" on the fireplace mantel. We had groceries to buy and gifts to wrap. However, all was completed and we enjoyed our Christmas immensely! All our children showed up ando our 2 grand kids. Josh flew in from Bismarck and Jeff and Sara brought Syd. We had a long weekend of laughs and fun. Tony purchased "Rock Band" for the 360 and we all had a hand at that. Some sang better than others (mom), some did guitar better than others (Ryan), and Tony definitely drummed better than most. John, Ryan and Josh got a little snowmobile time in. We actually had snow!

I realized I had been a little anxious about being away from the kids....mostly Ryan since he pretty much was sent to college and abandoned. However, I have been told by many family members that it was probably the best thing for him! Guess you never quit being a "mom".

I told John the most calm I was was the night they were all in bed under one roof! Then you know they are all safe. On the other hand the most nervous I was was they day they drove home in the snow and the weather was horrible....especially in the cities. I am sure every other parent has felt or feels just like I do, then why do I feel so "unique" in my feelings?????

We will leave the lake on the 29th and head back to the cities. We will be there until Jan. 7th when we will fly back to Orlando. We also hosted a small cocktail party here at the lake for our "neighbors". Only 10 of us showed up but it was fun getting caught up on everyone's goings on.

Here are a couple pictures from Christmas.

1 comment:

Nancy Holte said...

Kathy, one thing I know for sure. All women, regardless of what the issue is, feel like they are the only one who has that problem. The other thing I know for sure is that NO ONE has an issue that is unique to them. You are a perfectly normal mom!