Saturday, September 27, 2008

Fall in Minnesota October 2008

Cannon Falls home

Lake home
It's fall, and we will be heading out soon. Fall brings on a variety of emotions for me. It makes me kind of sad yet the cool air is always invigorating. I am not sure why the sadness, although it is a changing season and maybe I am just sad that the summer is over and I will be shoveling soon. Oh, that's right, I won't be shoveling, my children will! :) I also think that it IS sad when summer is over because we love our lake home so much it's sad we don't go up there as much in the other seasons. It's also sad because I know we are leaving again and will miss the Cannon house and mostly my kids and parents. I miss all my family and friends but being in the house with Ryan and Jac and Brady for so long it does feel a little lonely when we leave. ANYWAY, on a brighter note...
We will go up to the lake next weekend over MEA and get all the things we want in the RV for our trip south. Then on Monday the 20th, I will be going to Grand Cayman with Helen for a week. When I return on the 27th...it will be a matter of how quick I can load my stuff into the motor home and we will take off. I will be keeping you posted as to where we go on this blog.
I am sad to leave our nephew Jeff, who has cancer back in his good lung and also my friend Holly who I worked with at Airborne, has also been diagnosed with cancer in a lot of places. I pray for them both and by the grace of God I hope to see them both again.
I also worry about Jane and Chuck taking care of Phoebe. She is definitely a sweetie, but I know this is a life changing experience for them. I pray for a good outcome for the whole family and hopefully Kyle will be able to take over.
Until we hit the road.........





No comments: