Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Old friends from Airborne Freight

John and I on the deck.

Carol and Holly

Holly, Carol, Nancy and I.

Carol
Tom
Nancy, Holly, Carol and I all worked together at Airborne Freight in 1975 and beyond. Carol and Holly stayed with Airborne and it became DHL. Well, this last Dec. 08 and Feb. 09 DHL decided to close down their domestic operations, which meant the Carol and Holly were out of jobs after 30+ years. The sad part is Holly has been battling cancer and doing well, but it has been quite an ordeal for her. Anyway, since Nancy was in town to visit me, we decided to get together. Carol and Tom have a cabin up on Borden Lake about 45 min from us, so Holly was visiting them and Nancy me, so they drove down for the afternoon. We so fun to talk about old .... and new...times.





No comments: