Sunday, February 1, 2009

"Corn in the Hole" and Sanibel Island

John's turn for Corn in the Hole.
Kathy's turn for Corn in the Hole. We
were both eliminated in the first round!


Ed, Ruth, Ella, me and Ella's girlfriend (far left)
her name escapes me.
Ruth and Ed Ricci
Saturday morning we participated in Corn in the Hold here in RiverBend. John and I were both eliminated on the first round. It was fun to watch tho....then I also played a little shuffleboard while we were waiting for the other game to finish. It reminded me of when I was little at grandma and grandpa's in Central Lake, Mi. when we kids would take their shuffleboard equipment and go and play for hours!
In the afternoon we decided to house clean the coach. We had the door open, going back and forth shaking rugs etc...when I got a phone call from someone in the park saying that Kate had escaped and was at their site!!!! I freaked!! She was off hunting and visiting. Thank God I had my phone nbr on her tag. Quite the excitement.
I also got a phone call from Ruth Ricci inviting us out to Sanibel for dinner. Ella, their granddaughter was coming to visit and Ella wanted to see us too. I had talked to Ella the weekend before so knew she was coming. It was nice to go to Sanibel...it holds a lot of memories for us from all the years we went there. We had an excellent dinner...naturally...Italian pasta and little riblets, salad, and key lime pie! It was good!
We got home around 9:30...we couldn't leave the dogs too much longer...but were tired from being outside most of the day.
John and I had a tennis match this am (Sunday) at 0800. We lost that in the first round too! Actually, we beat ourselves...but for only having played about 3 times in the last year....it was OK. All the people we played were pretty good. Was good to get out in the brisk air...and I mean brisk...47 degrees! I washed the car with some new stuff we got that doesn't require water and John helped clean up my missed spots. I am going up to the clubhouse with my neighbor Sue to take a couple pool lessons before the play offs next Thursday. (I actually won in the first round on that!) I plan to make chili later and we will probably just chill and watch the game.
Go Steelers/Arizona!!!! Whoever, I don't care.


Don't know why this picture ended up here...
not ever very good!




2 comments:

Nancy said...

Well, here I go again, trying to leave you a comment - very nice news write up - looks like you keep busy with so many things to do. I must say, I'm pretty happy here, it was almost 40 today, and we haven't had any snow in a week or two, but your area looks like more fun for the winter! Nice pics too!

Nancy Holte said...

Hi Kathy, I am in St. James City on Pine Island. I am staying with friends. John had to go home on Wednesday. My friend and I leave tomorrow on a cruise for a week. Where is your new home exactly? You don't need to post this, I just don't have your email address with me to send it there. I thought about calling you sooner but wasn't sure what our schedule would be. Next time!