Sunday, December 27, 2009

December 27th 2009

No pictures today, but thought I would tell you what we did. I went over to Jackie's this am and spent all day with her. When she and Brady moved in, they just threw things in cupboards. She wanted me to help her re-organize all her kitchen cupboards....and we did!!!
My friend Julie had hip re-placement surgery a week ago Wednesday, so wasn't ready to go out and party. I decided we would go up to their house and bring the food and cook them dinner! So John and I made them chili, cornbread, salad and pie! It was a good dinner and the conversation was even better. They too are coming to Florida the end of January.
.
On a sadder note...my girlfriend Nancy lost her mother at 6:00 pm Christmas eve day......not a place anyone wants to be. However, her mom did it up right...90 years old, lived in her own home, did her own garden, canned, baked...totally was on her own.....she cracked her hip on Sept 14 and had surgery to pin it...well she developed an infection....and it is a long story, but from there developed MSRA..(I believe I have it right)..it is worse than a staff infection, and she just couldn't fight it. Our hearts go out to Nancy and her brother, but we thank God for such a wonderful life Betty was able to live.

No comments: