Saturday, April 26, 2008

April 25 through April 27, 2008 Cape Girardeau, MO

Wall of all the famous people from Missouri.
Look at all the water.
New bridge over the Mississippi. See how high the water is?
Missouri wall of fame.
This section of the wall tell all the history of Cape Girardeau.

I promised you pictures and pictures you get. I made John drive all the way back downtown to
take these pictures. The wall that you see is actually a dyke. There are sections that do open and you can walk out to a levee and right now the water is right at the edge of the levee and rising. I suppose they shut the section when it gets too high. All along the wall is the history in pictures of Cape Girardeau. It is called the Mississippi River Tales. The other wall further down is pictures of famous people from Missouri. I have to say it is very unique. The town of Cape Girardeau is right there on the river and the town looks like it is either abandoned or on a resurgence. Hard to tell. Lots of empty business'.
We are leaving in the am for St Louis and if we get all the warranty work done on the coach in a couple days...we should be home by the end of the week. We think we might go to the lake first because so much of the groceries etc... came from the lake house when we started this trip.
I have two P.S.'s....
1. When President Bush came to New Orleans last Monday, we were in the traffic that was stopped and got to see his motorcade go by....exciting right???? Reminded me of the time he came down Hwy 52 and I saw him then too!
2. When we were in Memphis, some type of bird chirps in the night!!!! I couldn't believe it. Then, it stopped at sun rise. What bird does that????? Needless to say I didn't sleep very well there.
All for now.

1 comment:

Nancy Holte said...

i'm sure the snow will be gone by the time you get home. I hope so at least. Great pictures!