Monday, November 5, 2007

The Biltmore House November 5, 2007







Wow! The Biltmore House is awesome!!!! It is built on 125,000 acres and the house is 178,000 square feet. Don't know about your house but mine is about 3500 square feet. It was unbelieveable. I think that the Vanderbuilts did something in St. Paul....if I'm not mistaken. He was involved in the railroad..like James J Hill????? I thought I remembered this from 6th grade Minnesota History in Cannon Falls. Someone correct me!!!! Anyway, it was a beautiful day and the house was absolutely gorgeous. This house is totally maintained by private money...no federal or state funding. To think this is the largest house in the United States. Yes, it cost us 130.00 to tour it..including the audio tour...and it took 4 hours to see everything. It is a "must see" if you are in Asheville, NC.



Here are a few pictures.

No comments: