Monday, November 3, 2008

Amarillo, Texas November 3, 2008

No pictures today, only drove all day to Amarillo. We are staying at Ft Amarillo RV Park. It's OK but it is a dust bowl. The wind is so strong here. Actually, all day we fought the wind driving. As we were going through Oklahoma, we saw a ton of wind mills. I thought, "Great place for these guys!"
Once we got settled and John did a little business...we headed off to Barnes and Noble.
I started on my reading voyage about 4 weeks ago, and here is what I have read so far:
Oh My Stars by Lorna Landvik
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
Sweet Shattered Dreams by Stanley Gordon West
The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks
and.....Key Witness by JF Freedman
.
They were all very good...I would say my least favorite was The Guernesey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. It was written in letter form and I think I just wasn't too interested in the story line. The rest of the books were fabulous. I really liked them all.
Today I bought:
Random Family by Adrian Nicole LeBlanc
The Collectors by David Baldacci
and...(one I like to veg out with) A Good Woman by Danielle Steel.
I will let you know what I think of them later.
John is settling in with Ken Follett's World Without End. He'll be at that one for a while.
Tomorrow it is on to Santa Fe. A little cooler there as it is high elevation.

No comments: