Saturday, November 22, 2008

Dinner at Bellini's on El Paseo in Palm Desert

Leona and I at the dinner table.
John, Bob, Leona and I.

I really wasn't ready for this picture of Leona and me.
Leona and I went to school together in Izmir, Turkey. We really lost track of each other after we returned to the states and graduated from high school. We found each other again via the Internet when all the kids I went to Turkey with us had a reunion in New Orleans five years ago.
After that, because John and I went to a convention in San Diego 3 years ago and Bob and Leona live in Escondido...(outside of San Diego) we saw them again. So, when we came to the Palm Desert I thought of calling her but hesitated due to the fact they we a little ways away. I thought they were 3 hours out....but they are really only 1 1/2 hours out. So, I called them finally on Friday and Leona was insistent on coming out here to meet us for dinner. So, we all me at a restaurant called Bellini's and had a wonderful dinner...then they wanted to come see the motor home so came back to Indio with us. They loved the coach...I think Bob could have been talked into one tomorrow!!! Anyway, we had a great evening.
Tomorrow it is on the Tucson.



No comments: