Monday, November 17, 2008

OMG Indio, CA and the Palm Desert Nov. 17, 2008

Some of the lots around this RV Park
This is a new thing in motor homes. A deck that
comes out???? Kind of wierd, but interesting.

More of the RV Park...the grounds are
beautiful.
Unreal!!
Yep, it's me from a distance!

Going up the Santa Rosa & San Jaciento
mountains. We stopped at the viewing center
to take this picture.
Looking down the mountain.
The Palm Desert and surrounding areas are awesome! Good thing we already bought our lot in Florida, because this is pretty darn nice! However, in Florida, I feel like I fit in...here....not so much. I can smell the money around here. We drove down the El Paseo street where all the ritzy shops are and I literally told John not to stop...I need to go home and count my pennies first! :) (Really I want to go back when we have more time to shop...it was 3:30.) It is so beautiful and the weather is really weird to me. It is 90 degrees during the day...and yes, if you're laying out at the pool, it's warm, but sit in the shade and it is perfect. The temperature drops as soon as the sun goes down and nights go down to 55-60. It is pretty perfect. Definitely, if it was 90 in Minnesota or Florida, it wouldn't be that comfortable in the shade. Humidity does make a difference. HOWEVER, that being said, my skin is dry! In Florida, I always feel hydrated. Too many choices to make when it comes to weather.
I am wondering where all the members in the choir went every winter. Did they stay in condos or hotels or houses??? Maybe someone can answer that, Jane!!!
Been getting caught up on my reading...kind of nice. Just chilling tonight, last night we ate dinner at LG Steakhouse. Suppose to be one of the top 10 steak houses in the US??!! It was awfully good.







1 comment:

Nancy said...

I'm trying one more time..........
beautiful locations - pics are great - I, mowed my leaves today, and the temp was in the 30's! The campsites are amazing. It has been a long time since I've been there, but would love to be there now!